KEYNOTE: KATE DAVIES
Kate studied German at Durham University and started her career in local government, following which she moved to the Building Societies Association/Council of Mortgage Lenders where she worked on a wide range of policy matters at both UK and European level. When the BSA and CML split in 1996, she stayed with the CML as Senior Policy Adviser and became the CML’s specialist on mortgage regulation.
Since leaving the CML at the end of 2008, Kate has worked freelance for a number of trade associations, and served for 6 years as a non-executive Director at Darlington Building Society. She succeeded Peter Williams as IMLA’s Executive Director in January 2018.
Delegates participating in the accredited Mortgage Business Expo can claim up to 2.5* CPD hours toward the CII/Personal Finance Society member CPD scheme
BY THE END OF THE MBE SEMINARS DELEGATES WILL BE ABLE TO MEET THE FOLLOWING LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- DEFINE THE CHANGES IN 2022 AND SO FAR IN 2023 IN SPECIALIST PROPERTY FINANCE LENDING
- EXPLAIN THE CHALLENGES OF LENDING IN THE COMMERCIAL INVESTMENT SPACE
- ASSESS IF 2023 IS THE YEAR OF COMMERCIAL AND BUY TO LET
- DESCRIBE HOW TO WRITE MORE BRIDING LOANS
- OUTLINE THE OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES FOR THE EQUITY RELEASE SECTOR
- EXPLAIN THE ROLE OF SPECIALIST PROPERTY FINANCE IN SUPPORTING THE FUTURE GROWTH OF OUR ECONOMY
- DESCRIBE CONSUMER DUTY AND WHAT IT MEANS FOR MORTGAGE MARKETING
THE FIBA AND GOOGLE DIGITAL GARAGE SEMINARS DO NOT QUALIFY
* excluding registration/networking/breaks which are not eligible. The following link contains further information on the CII CPD scheme : https://www.ciigroup.org/en/learning/cpd
(The organisers reserve the right to change the timings, speakers and venue should circumstances dictate)